I’ve been absent for a long time. My bad. BUT I have a good excuse! I’m pregnant. John made a really amazing video for the announcement and I’ll be sure to upload it soon. Anyway, I’ve been so tired that any free minute I have has been spent napping. Next week we, hopefully, find out the gender, which also means I’m halfway there.
I’m exhausted and going to do my best to make this post coherent, but I don’t see that going too well. So here’s a quick “list” of what’s been going on
- Getting the house ready for the new baby while I can. This means tons and tons of purging. I’ve sent around 10 bags of stuff to good will over the last few weeks and currently have 2 more sitting downstairs that also need to go. I know having another child means we will accumulate more stuff, thus I want to get rid of as much extra stuff we currently have as possible before hand.
- Listing clothes and things on Mercari and Poshmark. I have added around 30 items to my closet on both Mercari and Poshmark and plan on adding even more. I’m accepting all offers on items listed. So please check out my closet and make an offer. my user name for both is mld303. Many of the items listed on Mercari are under $15! This includes tons of J.Crew, Anthropologie, and baby items
- Trying to not gain a ton of weight with this pregnancy, but still be healthy. I”ve been doing a lot of walking and the pregnancy workouts from Tone It Up
- I’m in that weird stage where most maternity stuff is still too big but normal clothes aren’t the best option either. I can still wear most non maternity tops, but bottoms I’m firmly, for the most part, in maternity wear. Luckily, I’ve found some normal clothes that are great when sporting a bump. I ordered these shorts from J. Crew in both a small and a medium in the red and the blue. The small fits perfectly right now, but I know within a month I’ll need the medium to accommodate my growing bump. I’m excited I’ll be able to wear these after I have the baby as well. Price wise I don’t feel they are too bad. Currently they are $49.50 but I purchased them when J. Crew was running an additional 30% off everything sale. I’ve been wearing a lot of lose fitting dresses. I picked this one up from Anthropologie during a random 50% off dresses sale they were having. It’s very flattering and I even sized down, and that’s with the bump. Again, I will be able to wear this after I have the baby which I’m happy about. I have my eye on this two toned dress too, but can’t decide. The final non maternity item I purchased and have been wearing almost everyday is this pair of sweatpants from J.Crew. I got the sunfaded blue color. The color is so pretty in person and now I feel I need to get the sweatshirt in the same color. I got the sweatpants in a size small, which is actually a little large on me right now. But the drawstring waist helps, and again, I’ll appreciate the extra room in a few months. Usually when I get home from work the first thing I do is change into this pair of sweatpants. I try to make sure I do laundry at night so they are always clean.
- I have two pairs of maternity pants I bought. This time around I broke down and bought two pairs of 7 for all mankind. John pointed out how miserable I was in my maternity jeans last time and said just buy pairs you will love and be comfortable in. I love these because there is elastic on the sides which I think will be great for postpartum wear. I bought a pair of jeans and a white pair of denim. I think I’ll eventually have to get an over the belly pair, but for now I’m loving these.
- Finally, the last thing we’ve been up to is we bought a new over the stove microwave. We are in the process of updating the appliances in the kitchen. We got a new dishwasher, and now the over the stove microwave. Next up is the stove! everything looks so nice. I can’t wait to get a stove.
That’s all for now. I’ll post the pregnancy announcement and when we find out the gender. I’ll also try and post any cute baby items I find. In the meantime please give my public Instagram Clevercraftscrochet a follow. It’s mostly my cats and crochet items for sale. I’d appreciate the support. A portion of all sales goes to animal rescue. I hope everyone is having a wonderful weekend!!