While I am sure many of you are so over the Nordstrom Sale posts, here is one more that I hope is a little different from the Nordy Sale posts out there.
If you know me, then you know I start my Christmas shopping during the summer. Like many people, once the holidays role around I find myself short on time with events, parties, and family taking up more time (no complaints), which leaves less time for finding that perfect Christmas gift. On top of everything else, having to buy gifts for an ever expanding list of people and traveling to visit family and friends can stretch a budget pretty thin. For these reasons a few years ago I started buying Christmas gifts as I found them or if there was a really good sale. One year I was able to snag a silver Pottery Barn picture frame for my mother-in-law for only $12!!! So after years of hearing about the Nordstrom sale I finally decided to check it out and see if there were any items that I could give as a Christmas gift.
Now, I have never shopped the Nordstrom sale before. The whole thing just seemed too stressful and over whelming, but this year I thought I’d take a look and see if there was anything that I really “needed”. I found a pair of leggings, booties, and a bra. I don’t really need anything so I don’t feel disappointed at all and am in fact a little surprised by my purchases. What I did manage to do was knock out some Christmas shopping. Below are a few of the items I picked out as gifts for friends and family. I hope you enjoy! I’d love to hear what everyone else picked up at the sale. A few things I really like and did want are still sold out, but I’m not going to give up yet!
soap / candles / earrings / scarf / booties / faux leather duffel bag / belt / Ugg Fleece Blanket / Sherpa blanket
uggg so sorry for all the silence lately. Between a job promotion and getting ready for a baby things are a bit chaotic. I promised myself I’d sit down and write a post, even if it was a small one. I decided to do a little update on a few things that are currently going on.
- As I shared in a previous post, I’m pregnant! John and I are so excited to be expecting our first little bundle of joy. I will say I am amazed and put off my the #1 question I’ve been asked since our announcement, “Congrats! Was the baby planned or an accident?” Did your parents fail that badly in teaching you manners? 1. never ask that. It’s rude. 2. PLANNED I’m 29 years old, I know how to be responsible.
- John and I have decided to do the nursery in gray and white and then add blue accents if it’s a boy and pink accents if it’s a girl. We won’t find out the gender until right before Christmas. I don’t know how I’m going to wait until then.
- We haven’t bought any baby clothes, really. We bought a few gender neutral onesies and some baby socks.We have, however, developed quite a nice book collection for our sweet baby. Naked but well read.
- Despite being 16.5 weeks pregnant I’m not fully into maternity clothes, yet. I am in maternity pants, but I’m lucky enough I can still wear a large amount of my non-maternity tops. I guarantee in the next two or three weeks I’ll probably be strictly in maternity tops. I’ve been a little shocked at how hard it is to find maternity clothes I really like. I’m going to do a post on some of my favorite maternity items I have purchased so far. I will say that this belly band was a life savior for me until I was big enough for maternity bottoms. It really helped me during that in between time. Plus they are super comfortable and machine washable.
- In an effort to clear up some closet space and create some storage room I’m doing a massive cleaning out of my closet. I’ve listed a fair amount of items with more to come. So please feel free to check out my items for sale and submit offers! https://poshmark.com/closet/mld303
- Finally, I am just going o leave this article called the 3-7-14 Shopping Rule here. It’s a great rule and makes a lot of sense. Enjoy!
Have a Happy Thanksgiving and safe travels to all of you hitting the road!
This was easily one of the best Christmas’ ever. John and I got to spend 5 days in RVA with my family! I always get so homesick for Richmond and a weekend home never is enough time, especially since we get in so late on Friday night. Being there for more than one full day really made me happy.
John got me this amazing purse for Christmas, along with 3 sets of shower gel and matching lotion from Bath and Body Works and some cute tops I’ve had my eye on. Best husband ever.
My parents were very generous as well. They gave John some amazing gifts, including a pair of L.L. Bean duck boots that he has yet to go a day without wearing. Mind you, it didn’t rain a day while we were in Richmond. As for myself, if I had to narrow down my two favorite gifts my parents gave me this year it would be this super cozy vest from Anthropologie (that I’ve already worn 3 times) and the Buffalo Check Puffer Vest from J. Crew. I wore one of them every day that we were in Richmond; whether the weather required it or not. #I’mObsessed
Have to throw it out there; my parents also got me and John this beautiful comforter from Pottery Barn! I love it, but the cats might love it more. It’s just so cozy, getting up in the morning just got harder.
John loves shopping at Pottery Barn #hewassobored #trooper #somuchplaid
I hope everyone had a great Christmas and wish you a safe and Happy New Year as well! Who has fun plans?