It’s Friday night and I’m having a night in. John and Wallace headed off to Greensboro for the weekend and I stayed behind to have some me time. I already miss my little Wallace soooo much, but I am looking forward to getting some things checked off my ever growing to do list. Before he left, John told me to relax and do whatever I want to do. Meaning, don’t clean all weekend. This will be hard for me because I hate for things to be messy or things not in their proper place.
So far, tonight, I’ve done a little cleaning, made a small grocery store run, did a load of laundry (I have yet to fold it or do the ironing, but there are clean clothes), and hung out with my mom. My wonderful mother has been lucky enough to have the whole week off and today she went to the outlets in Williamsburg (jealous). She stopped by my house on her way home to drop off some really cute Janie and Jack shirts and shorts she bought for Wallace; 2 for now 3 for next year. Since then, I’ve taken a long shower, had a dinner of mozzarella cheese sticks (not part of my diet plan) and I’ve finally settled in to relax a little, or as best as my Type A personality will let me. I plan on binge watching the ID channel and doing a little crochet after I finish this post.
What else is going on…. I’m about half way done with a v-stitch blanket I’m making for John. I made John a blanket about 6 or 7 years ago when we were dating, but recently he asked if I would made him a new one. We went to Michael’s and John picked out the yarn and then I showed him pictures of different types of stitches I knew. John picked the V-stitch and I’ve been slowly working on it. I’d like to knock out a few rows tonight. The blanket is turning out pretty large; it fits a full size bed! I have 3 other crochet projects I’m working on that I’d really like to finish too, but I doubt that will happen.
I plan on staying up late tonight and sleeping in. It’s funny, because while we were eating dinner, before they left, John looked at me and goes “you’re going to stay up late, aren’t you?” hahaha he knows me so well. I’m such a night owl. I feel so much more productive…. Which is why I’m blogging instead of crocheting.
Saturday, I can’t wait for Saturday actually. Well, I can’t wait for every Saturday, but tomorrow I have so many errands to run, but they are ones I’m looking forward to.
- Walmart to pick up school supplies for the school supply drive at work
- Wallace is invited to two birthday parties at the end of this month. I asked the moms of the two kids what did their little ones want for their birthday: clothes, toys, or books. Both said clothes, specifically Fall clothes. Gymboree and Janie and Jack are my favorite places to shop for kids clothing. The quality is excellent, you can get great deals (I got two pairs of pants at Gymboree off the sale rack for $2.97 each) and they are so cute! I still will more than likely pop into Ollie’s and get them each a book as well.
- Nordstrom : I bought my mom two pairs of earrings for her birthday, very similar and let her pick which pair she wanted.
- Run: I fully plan and will go on a run at some point this weekend
- Iron, fold, and put laundry up
- Return books to the library and pick up some new ones for Wallace. We take Wallace to the library every other week to check out books. Since he’s out of town this weekend I’m going to do a solo trip and check out some new ones. I’m going to use this time to really seek out some amazing books.
- Write a letter to my friend Melanie. I’ve been meaning to do this for 3 weeks now. Whoops.
- Crochet or cross stitch or read
- And finally, maybe list some items on Poshmark and Mercari
I have quite a list ahead of me. Challenge accepted! What is everyone else doing this weekend? Do you use weekends as a time to relax or tackle to do lists?